§ Volunteer Form
§ What is Pro-Life Unity?
To achieve Pro-Life Unity we will establish standards that we all agree upon, and efforts that we all regularly participate in. By working together we can challenge the culture of death and the apathy which is pervasive in our society.
§ Action Code
Help promote the Pro-Life Action Calls which are put out by Pro-Life organizations nationwide.
§ Life Principles
Click here for the timeless Life Principles that were established over 30 years ago by the March for Life Education and Defense Fund.
§ Volunteer Form
Click here to fill out our volunteer form. We can help you identify what you would like to do to help the unborn and connect you with either our efforts our some other group effort somewhere near you
Thursday, September 23, 2010
The ‘Pledge’ - Do the Republicans really want to end abortion?
The GOP is getting ready to release another "Contract", this one called 'Pledge to America', of where they stand and what issues they will be pursuing as a party. Why do I get the feeling LIFE isn't going to be an important topic in this one just as it wasn't in the last one?
Brendan Buck, spokesman for America Speaking Out said “House Republicans have been listening to the American people, and we’re going to put forth a positive agenda that focuses on solutions for the top priorities of the nation,”.
Will one of those "top priorities" be saving the 4,000 people who are slaughtered in the womb every single day in America? It doesn't look like it. Fox News says there is something in there to make the "Hyde Amendment" permanent, which prevents federal dollars from being used for abortions.
Congressman Mike Pence said this morning "the Republican party lost their way" & referred to the 'Pledge' as a way to correct this mistake. Initially the 'Pledge' had no social issues in it, only Tea-Party-style fiscal issues.
Let's face it, all the stuff that has been inside GOP "contracts" has not been about protecting the least of us. There is no focus on what is killing millions of Americans every year. Some examples of issues which are completely ignored:
- Abortion on demand - Over one million people killed in America alone every single year
- Cloning - clone and kill policies are in effect around the country and are funded by states and national money. A person can be legally cloned, (s)he just isn't allowed to live. That person is used for experimentation only.
- Embryonic stem cell research - What do you think an embryo is anyway? An embryo is a living human being at an early stage of growth, like a fetus, baby or toddler. Why do decent Americans allow the killing of humans for science? How has science become such a mass killer of mankind?
- In vitro fertilization - Yes, it is a struggle not to be able to conceive, but why would we allow thousands of innocent people to be killed just so that you can have a baby? Selective reduction, a fancy word for kill the extras, is used when too many humans have been, what you might call "started", in the womb. Remember Octomom? The reason she delivered 8 children is because she didn't want to kill 6 of them, a standard practice in such cases. Before you judge her, think about the millions of Americans who are killing their "extra" children so they can have safer deliveries.
- Birth control pills - Only one stage of the birth control pill is meant to "control" pregnancy. The other two stages are meant to kill the baby if, by chance, the baby has made it past the first "control". If you take birth control pills, it is likely you have killed 1 or many children & didn't even know it.
The Tea Party folks haven't publicly stated their position on LIFE either, and if you look at their 'Contract from America', you can see the topic missing there as well.
1. Protect the Constitution
2. Reject Cap & Trade
3. Demand a Balanced Budget
4. Enact Fundamental Tax Reform
5. Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government
6. End Runaway Government Spending
7. Defund, Repeal, & Replace Government-run Health Care
8. Pass an ‘All-of-the-Above” Energy Policy
9. Stop the Pork
10. Stop the Tax Hikes
It appears to me that Republicans just put their fingers up to the wind to see what conservative America wants them to do. They don't seem to have the ability to know right from wrong & stand on it. They struggle with the moral issues nowadays because for so many years they have been pushing to please middle-America.
I interviewed Congressman Pence last week & he said "I believe at the very core of these times, is a recognition that this not just an economic or political crisis we are facing, but it's a moral crisis. And the American people know this. And so giving voice to the values of what have made this country great, our commitment to the sanctity of every human life, our commitment to traditional marriage, our commitment to the importance of religion in everyday life, is paramount for our leaders to express."
The Republican party said they listened to America & that's why they are pushing to make Hyde amendment language permanent. America, if we want to end abortion, we have to demand an end to abortion. We the people need to make this happen because they the politicians are going to do what politicians do, get re-elected.
I have not seen the 'Pledge' yet, but I will be there this morning for the unveiling. I pray I am wrong & that there is strong language in there which calls for an end to abortion. With the history of the Republican party on this challenge though, I'm more likely to win the lottery.
I'm not saying don't vote for Republicans, I'm saying you can't JUST vote for Republicans. We have to vote and than demand an end to abortion. How would you feel if you were trying to end slavery & the Republicans came out & said that they were going to stop federal funding of slave owners? The slave market would still continue, just as abortion will still continue under the Hyde provisions. Hyde amendment provisions are a farce. It's a way for Republicans to claim they are pro-life without having to demand an end to abortion.
Call your representatives today & every first Friday & let them know we want them to end abortion, not just stop federal funding of it. Click here to contact your representatives and let them know. http://www.firstgov.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
United we Stand ~ Divided they Die
Pass it on
Columnists • Peter Shinn • Take Action! • Pro-America and Pro-Family Action Calls • Permalink